Making the Law Work for You
Connecticut Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Principal Practice Areas
Free Case Evaluation
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in CT
Connecticut Lawyers Practicing in the area of Medical Malpractice
At some point in every person's lifetime there is a need to seek medical care from a doctor, nurse or other health care provider. Unfortunately medical care is sometimes incompetent, resulting in injury to thousands of people every year as a result of preventable medical errors.
Medical malpractice arises from simple negligence on the part of the health care provider. Because of the unique vulnerability of the person seeking care which by its nature is highly invasive, medical incompetency can result in catastrophic disability and death.
Medical malpractice cases are difficult to prove and are always among the most vigorously defended cases by competent defense lawyers. As a result a medical malpractice lawsuit requires a law firm with a track record in this area with access to medical experts and the ability to vigorously advocate complex issues of law and fact.
Spinella & Associates has handled medical malpractice cases involving the following issues:
- Failure to order proper tests
- Negligent surgery
- Failure to diagnose
- Failure to order proper tests/ Monitor a patient
- Nursing Home Neglect / Abuse
- Improper Treatment
- Failure to properly medicate
- Negligent Lasik surgery
We have successfully handled malpractice claims in the following representative matters:
- A young man who suffered from cross-eyes and a lack of depth perception as a result of an optometrist who made use of an eye technique of physical exercises to straighten the eyes instead of surgery by a medical doctors, the only valid medical procedure to address this condition;
- A resolution of more than a million dollars in the case of a high-school boy who died tragically in gym class because of a failure to proper diagnose and advise him of the restrictions on physical activity required as a result of a heart condition;
- The family of a baby boy who died as a result of the failure to properly diagnose and to surgically treat a cardiac birth defect.
- A computer scientist who suffered a loss of depth vision and perception as a result of negligent Lasik surgery
- Negligence by various dentists in extracting teeth, using implants and performing other forms of surgery;
- Negligence by an HMO resulting in injury to eyesight because of failure to diagnose and treat glaucoma.
To learn more about how we can help you with your case, call us at (860) 728-4900.